Also called “The Florence of south-Italy”, Lecce is the city of Baroque churches and old palaces located among small alleys surrounded by the three old entrances: Porta Rudiae, Porta San Biagio and Porta Napoli. Visit of the Cathedral of Santa Croce and the amazing Piazza Duomo, see the castle of Charles V(from the outside), the roman amphitheater and Piazza Sant’Oronzo, giving a suggestive view on the history of this city.
Then visit Ostuni, perched on three hills and called “the White City” because of the whitewash used in the old town. Visit of the old town, the Romanesque and Gothic 15th-Century Cathedral, the Piazza Beato Giovanni Paolo II (piazzetta Cattedrale) where the 18th-Century palaces of Palazzo Vescovile and the old Seminary facing each other.
Visiting an oil mill in Puglia means discovering the roots and the beauty of the territory. The expert of extra virgin olive oil will accompany us to discover the oil mill overlooking the Piana degli Ulivi. Here, we will discover the machines, techniques and production process of Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVO), from ancient times to the present day and we will observe all the bottling and packaging phases. The tour in the mill ends with the tasting of some extra virgin olive oils served with apulian bread to exalt its flavour.
* The experience ends tasting unique and unequivocal products of Puglia, surrounded by an incredible scenery that only a sea view location can offer. The aperitif consists of fresh foods such as raw of sea, fish tartare, bruschetta of crispy bread seasoned with extra virgin olive oil and stuffed in various ways combined with a glass of wine characterised by an intense flavor as only the Apulian one can give.
* Optional is the aperitif in a location in Polignano a Mare.
Appointment with the participants and departure for Lecce
Arrive and guided tour of the city
Stop for free lunch. Free time
Departure for Ostuni
Arrive at Ostuni and City tour
Visit and tasting in an olive oil mill
Return to the meeting point
End of the experience
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- means of transport
- guide in English/Italian Language
- expert sommelier of extra virgin olive oil
- tasting of extra virgin olive oil
Meeting point: on request
Experience guaranteed for min. 2 pax
Medium/low difficulty level - suitable for adults and children
On request: guide in different Language, aperitif
For more informations about terms and conditions, click here
Everyday, from Monday to Sunday